WNSYM Chapter 81.2

Chapter 81.2 - Preparing to go public as a couple 




Thanks to Jessica C for the chapter (1/1)

*

“The best supporting actress, Tang Xiao, in the work, <Night Changan>.” Mu Cheng repeated again. 

This was like a meteor, falling and crashing onto her heart. 

It exploded into countless happy fireworks in front of her eyes. 

Song Changzheng pushed her as Tang Xiao stood up, dazed, watching Mu Cheng on the stage in front of her. 

Song Changzheng was the first to stand up and hug her, then it was Su Bai. 

Everyone around her stood to give her a hug. 

When she walked onto the stage, Mu Cheng held her arm and supported her up. 

She said to herself: walking up here, I’m one step closer. 

She knew that in the acting sphere, she wasn’t as talented as Su Bai and others. 

These few roles that she acted in, were all suited for her personality, or it was because she received a lot of support from the director or Mu Cheng. 

She was incredibly lucky, especially compared to those who had been struggling to break into acting circles for tens of years. 

Compared to those people, she was incredibly fortunate. 

So fortunate that it was a bit shameful. 

Chief Ning had done everything for her, and Mu Cheng held her hand as she walked forward. 

Even now, when she walked onto the stage and turned around, it was so uncomplicated. 

“Congratulations, were you up all last night playing games again? See how you’re on the stage, and you still can’t process anything after a day and a half?” Mu Cheng laughed. 

The crowd laughed. 

Tang Xiao’s original emotionally moved heart was soothed as she quickly pushed him away. 

“Tang Xiao, you’ve worked hard.” Mu Cheng said. “When I act with you, it’s really comfortable and natural. I hope in the future, I will have many more opportunities to work with you.” 

Tang Xiao took over the microphone and lightly tapped it. 

“I’m extremely happy to be standing here, and to all the people who have supported me, I’m glad I haven’t let you down. I’m also thankful for all of those friends who have accompanied me. Okay, I actually didn’t think that I’d get this award, so I didn’t prepare a winning speech.” 

The crowd burst into laughter. 

Below, Song CHangzheng and a few other actors who had worked with Tang Xiao also guffawed, laughing and clapping. 

“I’ve always set myself a goal, and I told myself that I had to get to where he was. Right now, I’m one step closer. Finally, I’d like to thank the fans who have supported me and roasted me, thank you to every person who was on set for Night Changan. Without you guys, I would never have received this award. I’ll continue to work hard and improve, and move forward.” 

I’m not standing here for fame and glory. 

I just want to stand here, and tell you, I really like you. 

Mu Cheng gave her a hug. 

The two people stood for the first time, in front of thousands, and hugged. 

Mu Cheng whispered in her ear, “You’re already here by my side.” 

For the audience at home who were watching the live stream, they were all quietly wondering if this hug had gone on for a bit too long. 

Were they in a relationship? 

In the next second, Mu Cheng cupped Tang Xiao’s chin, and kissed her. 

On the stage. 

Tang Xiao’s mind went completely blank. 

She saw Mu Cheng’s face up close, she could even see his eyelashes really clearly. 

Craz-crazy? 

On the stage at the Golden Orchid Awards? 

On live stream? 

Tang Xiao was a mess. 

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Xiao Lin sticking a thumbs up at her from the side of the stage. 

Tang Xiao could even hear sister Ming joking with the male host, “After getting an award, you can also get a kiss from the honoured guest who gives the award to you? When did our benefits get so good? If I knew, I would’ve entered the competition for best supporting actress too.” 

The male host to her side said helplessly, “You don’t stand a chance. They’ve made it that clear, and you still can’t see? Tang Xiao seems like she’s got two happy events today, to publicly declare a relationship on the same night as awards night, she’s really gutsy.” 

It seemed like the ceremony would be messy but in reality, the only person who was confused was Tang Xiao. 

A lot of people below the stage were clapping and congratulating her, but no one was really shocked, even the media. 

“I’ve already let them know.” Mu Cheng squeezed her hand lightly to comfort her. 

Just because no one was in a flurry at the ceremony, didn’t mean that the audience wasn’t stirred up. 

The people online who were watching, were absolutely shocked. 

Tang Xiao and Mu Cheng’s fans’ first reaction was - mum, even if I’m just watching an awards ceremony, I can still be fed dog food. 

Previously, with how Mu Cheng and Tang Xiao were interacting with each other, as well as the photos from on set that were released, many fans had already silently accepted that they were together. 

But despite that, with a public declaration of their relationship, fans’ attitudes were in line with what Chief Ning expected, with all of them wishing them happiness. 

In a second, the audience for the live stream reached tens of millions. 
*

TL note: 

Surprise, it was Mu Cheng!!! 

Leave a comment and follow because TX is still confused xx 

Previous chapter | Contents page | Next chapter

37 comments:

  1. Lol mu chen is braver than any chinese soldier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg mu cheng is the gutsy one this time!

    Thanks so much for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now i know that shameless can spread..
    Yeah Tang Xiao infect Mu Cheng LOL..
    I can't wait this shameless couple with their shameless little babies side story..

    Ty for the update.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, the side stories are cute 💖💖

      Delete
  4. Mu Cheng sure is brave, and is publicly stating his claim 😁😁 loved this chapter! Thanks a ton for the amazing translation as always! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chapters when will the next chapter be coming?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx for the translation. Finally catch up the latest chapter. Yori Shasha was here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is this still being translated?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the chapter...finally I catch up with the latest chapter.... btw stay healthy and safe during this time...as we just past the bush fired episode and now another problem has a rise... lock down period and hopefully everything goes well on your side ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope everything has been well for you, thanks for reading 💗💗

      Delete
  9. ty for translating!!! ur translations are really the best

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha i didn't expect that

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omigosh! I totally didn't see the previous updates 😱 but I'm sorta glad I got to read a bunch in one go hahaha can't wait how tang xiao's going to snap out of her daze 😊 another kiss, perhaps? Mu Cheng's become daring. Tang Xiao will really make him kneel and lick her feet 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spent the entire day binge reading the entire novel! haha my cheekbones hurt!! Thank you for your translation! I look forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spent the entire day binge reading! Haha my cheekbones hurt!! Thank you for your translation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah this novel is gold!!! I laughed so much, reading every chapter. Tang Xiao is dumb (sorry Xiaoxiao I adore u XD) but really cute. Mu Cheng is such an adorable gentleman!!! I started reading this novel yesterday and couldn't help but to pull an all nighter for the cuteness of Tang Xiao and Mu Cheng >_< I don't understand MMORPG that much but I really enjoyed reading this novel. Thank you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, don't pull too many all nighters 🙈🙈

      Delete
  15. wuwuwuwu I finally caught up and its so close to ending T-T can't wait for the next update, I've really enjoyed this story!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for faster updates xx