TFDC Chapter 22.1

Chapter 22.1 - Distorting the truth





“ … She, she hasn’t flipped the heavens but, but, she stole Jingsheng.”


Countess of Chaoxia was too busy with preparing for that night’s banquet so she hadn’t yet heard of what had happened during the day.


Lou Lianxin had already started scheming from the moment she had heard Lou Qingwu would also be at the banquet.


She wanted to borrow the countess’ hand and she definitely didn’t believe that that sl*t would be able to easily go home from the palace!


“Stole …? What do you mean?”


“It was just today. Countess, you don’t know but my big sister just loves pretending to be pitiful. I don’t know how she met Jingsheng on her way to the capitol but she used her sly fox ways and actually got Jingsheng to carry her into the Lou residence. Furthermore, she distorted things when she was outside of the residence, saying that I was the one who schemed her into committing adultery.


And Jingsheng actually believed it. He yelled at me and I’m so hurt. Countess of Chaoxia, you know, I’m not that type of person. How could I … how could I trap my own legitimate sister like that ….”


Countess of Chaoxia had always had a fiery temper and when she heard this, she was about to blow her top already.


“How could you let her slander you like that?! What about Dong Mei? What type of servant is she? At that time, she should’ve just ripped of Lou Qingwu’s mouth! Then we’ll see how she can slander you in the future!”
“Dong Mei … Dong Mei! Wuwuwuwu …” Lou Lianxin began to cry more sorrowfully.


“What happened?”


“Countess of Chaoxia, Dong Mei, she … she’s dead!”


“What? How could that happen?!” The countess froze. Dong Mei, that servant normally flattered her a lot, so how could she just die like that?


“... It was, it was big sister. She, she, when she was in the country, she actually learnt … She stole the bodhi bracelet that the empress imperially bestowed me and when mother sent people to investigate, she planted it on Dong Mei. And Dong Mei wouldn’t admit to it, so she let her beat her to death! And she …”


“And what else did she do?!” Countess of Chaoxia was so angry her eyes were red.


“She also made me kneel down and beg for her forgiveness, saying that I accused her wrongly! Daddy pitied her because she never had a mother so he could only let me suffer, letting Dong Mei be wronged like that! It was me, I didn’t protect Dong Mei well.


Every time I think about Jingsheng who thinks that I’m the one who’s poisonous like a viper, and how Dong Mei died, I .. I … wu wu wu! Countess of Chaoxia, tell me, what should I do? What if Jingsheng doesn’t want me any more?”


“He wouldn’t dare!” Countess of Chaoxia gritted her teeth in anger, that Lou Qingwu really wasn’t a person! How could she harm Lian beauty like that!


Hateful! Anger inducing!


“Lian’er little sister! Watch me, this countess will definitely pay her back for this … ah, what are you looking at? Why are you crying again?”


The Countess originally was mad and was about to try to comfort Lou Lianxin again until she found her staring fixedly in one direction.


Her small face was shockingly pale and her tears kept rolling down, looking so pitiful that bystanders couldn’t help but pity her.


“Countess of Chaoxia, she … she …”


The Countess of Chaoxia followed Lou Lianxin’s pointed finger, and finally saw a girl getting of her palanquin.


She was head to toe in white, showing off her peerless beauty.


“Who is she?”


“She … she’s my legitimate sister.”


“What?! That sl*t is Lou Qingwu!” But why didn’t she look like a poisonous vixen?


But Lian’er little sister wouldn’t lie to her!


“But why are you crying just at the sight of her? Didn’t she just bully you, this countess will bully her back!”


“No, I’m only heartbroken for that outfit.”


“Outfit, what outfit?”


Lou Lianxin began crying even more piteously.


*


TL note


LLX’s scheming/truth distorting ways 10/10 with rice


Leave a comment and follow for more blood pressure raising xx

I'm kinda interested in picking up another novel to translate on the side. Would you guys prefer a more lighthearted/comedy based novel, bitter/angsty novel or another action/cultivation novel? Modern or historical? Reincarnation or no?



13 comments:

  1. Lighthearted comedy for me ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical or modern?

      I'm kind of considering 'Hilarious pampered consort" but it has a really, really slow start and is hilarious up until about 500 when it gets weird.

      Open to suggestions otherwise 😙😙😙

      Delete
  2. I don't mind comedy but....the female leads tend me to be on the dumber side lol and that's not my preference. I like romance and not angst but translate whatever floats your boat, I'd be sure to read it 😊 Thank you for the chapter 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to find a female lead who isn't too dumb 🙇🙇🙇

      I like romance as well, angst would be hard to translate but it's fun to read sometimes.

      You're my fave 💕💕💕💕

      Delete
  3. Comedy please..����

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...I don't mind so long as the mc is interesting and isn't on the overly dumb side haha~ Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg that picture, crocodile tears, I get it, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lame, also the pictures are well suited to the chapters. It said her mothers family is missing so are they dead or missing

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for faster updates xx