WNSYM Chapter 39.1



Chapter 39.1 - Xiao Lin your guts are really big 3




The family doctor came quickly and after a check up, found that there was nothing wrong.


Tang Xiao let out a sigh of relief.


If Xiao Lin did end up causing something, then they’d really be screwed.


Taking advantage of the fact that Chief Ning hadn’t woken up, Tang Xiao went to comfort Xiao Lin.


But who knew that brat ran off ages ago.


She even stole one of Tang Xiao’s coats.


Mu Cheng had something to film that night so he’d left already.


Only Tang Xiao remained.


When she called Xiao Lin, she had to call a few times before she picked.


“Where did you go?” Tang Xiao asked.


Over the phone, Xiao Lin sighed, “I went home, has Chief Ning woken up yet?”


Tang Xiao looked at the peacefully sleeping Chief Ning.


When he was asleep, his tongue wasn’t as poisonous, he even looked gentle.


“Not yet, what happened between the two?”


Xiao Lin dodged the question, “Nothing really, just an accident after getting drunk.”


Tang Xiao couldn’t help but yell over the phone, “What freaking drunk accident? It’s already practically a crime scene. Lin Wen, you better hurry up and give me an explanation. Otherwise, when Chief Ning wakes up, I really don’t know how to help you.”

Then … Chief Ning really woke up.


“.... Tang Xiao.” Chief Ning suddenly opened his eyes and swept his surroundings.


“!!! Chief Ning! You’re awake!” Tang Xiao’s tears were about to fall.


Chief Ning slightly propped himself up.


Tang Xiao quickly placed a pillow underneath to help him.


The blanket slid down a bit.


The marks on his body were too clear, Tang Xiao’s eyelid was twitching.


Chief Ning had just woken up so his voice was a bit gravelly.


He’d slept for seven or eight hours so his eyes were still a bit blurred.


Tang Xiao silently waited for the second part of his sentence.


“Who was it?” When Chief Ning’s mind cleared up, the first thing he asked was this.


Tang Xiao guiltily looked up at the ceiling, pretending she was just an ornament.


Chief Ning’s face darkened.


“Don’t tell me it was your or Qiao Yijing, or Mu Cheng, that bunch.”

Tang Xiao jumped like she was a cat that had gotten her tail stepped on.


“How could it be me! Even if it was director Qiao or Mu Cheng, it couldn’t have been me!”


After finishing speaking, she asked uncertainty, “Did you really forget everything?”


“I remember. I just drank a lot, I wasn’t blackout drunk.”

“If you remembered, then why did you ask me!” Tang Xiao turned around and saw the tissues in the rubbish bin.


Her imagination filled in some for her.


She bitterly lamented in her heart: This isn’t damn healthy for my body’s development!


“I just wasn’t too sure.” Chief Ning and Xiao Lin’s thought process was the same.


He didn’t dare to believe it, he’d fell on the same person twice?!!!


“Just then, who did you call?”


“Xiao Lin.” Tang Xiao answered honestly.


“Give the phone to me.”
Tang Xiao pinched her forehead, “Xiao Lin hung up already.”

Chief Ning didn’t give up, very clearly expressing that he wouldn't’ give up until he got her phone.


Tang Xiao could only pass it to him.


He dialled and got her voicemail.


Tang Xiao watched as Chief Ning’s face slowly darkened, like spilled ink.


So dark it was frightening.


“That …” Tang Xiao licked her dry lips, her mind quickly trying to decide on whether she should quickly run away or face the music.


“Are you alright?”


“Don’t worry, I won’t die.” Chief Ning’s tone wasn’t good, especially when he saw the piece of paper that Xiao Lin left for him.


His whole body was letting off low pressure, like his whole body was suppressing some great anger.


“Brother, are you hungry? I’ll go get you something to eat!” At this time, if she didn’t run, she wouldn’t be able to run anymore.


Tang Xiao stood up and was about to run away before getting stopped by Chief Ning’s stare.


“Where is Lin Wen.”


“She said she went back home,” Tang Xiao answered obediently.


“That, last night …”

It would’ve been fine if she didn’t mention it, but once she mentioned last night, the low pressure from Chief Ning increased.


“I was wrong, I was wrong.” Tang Xiao quickly apologised.


“I won’t say it, I won’t say it.”

“How many people know?” Chief Ning asked.


“Know what?”


Chief Ning stared at her as Tang Xiao’s mind quickly flew, rushing to answer, “This morning, I, Mu Cheng and director Qiao came to clean up. Afterwards, your family doctor found out too.”

“En, you can go back. I know.” Chief Ning actually proactively let her go so of course, Tang Xiao slipped away instantly.


*


TL note:


Chief Ning’s first ‘who was it’ was asking who he slept with.


The tissues in the bin … ha ha ha. Don’t ask me, I’m pure and innocent~


Leave a comment and follow for a shocking revelation (clickbait but it’s trueeee) xx



17 comments:

  1. I wish it will be a "from assistant to lady boss" scenario with a good ending. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Chief Ning and Xiao Lin's story. Is there a novel for them!? They're so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is my (the author's) command. Chapter 41 is the full and very scary backstory for XL and Chief Ning 🙈🙈

      Delete
  3. Seriously, I could die.... these idiots... ������

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to find out more about XL and Chief Ning's relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “How could it be me! Even if it was director Qiao or Mu Cheng, it couldn’t have been me!”

    Oh my. Why she so sure? hehe ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chief Ning is too scary but director Qiao has a love-hate relationship with him and Mu Cheng used to be under his management 😏😏

      Delete
  6. Saaayyyy, I'm curious with Chief Ning's look. Is he handsome? Because I bet Xiao Lin is either pretty or cute! AH AH AH I sooooo wanna know more about these two love story! My heart is going all kyaa kyaa ufu fu fu 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just assume everyone's hot because they're (mostly) all in the entertainment circle. TX's deceptively pretty, Mu Cheng's handsome, Chief Ning is somewhat muscular and Xiao Lin isn't Chief Ning's type and is flat chested. But Chief Ning does seem to like her.

      The author for some reason, decided to dump like a 7k chapter (as opposed to the usual 2-3k) on their backstory so it's gonna be a loooooong week (or two) of Chief Ning+Xiao Lin 👀👀

      Delete
  7. lol can't wait to read more about these two accidental(?) couple hahaha
    Thank you for the chapter~~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought MC will stay for a while more!
    and TX can't get drunk anymore from now haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She won't be drunk any time in the near future 🙅🏻🙅🏻

      Delete
  9. what drama the picture from??

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for faster updates xx